So with elimination diets put out there… Are you considering doing a GLUTEN-FREE trial?
Have you got some alternative foods in mind?
Some good options without turning to the less-than-healthy GF cakes/biscuits/snacks are :
– Organic corn thins (yes right in with the usual brand of corn thins. Our boys have only tested okay to these with kinesiology but to no others)
– Plain Sakata rice crackers (all the rest have MSG in some form on them)
– varieties of nuts – unsalted almonds, cashews, walnuts, Brazil nuts, pistachios and hazelnuts
– Orgran multigrain crispibread with quinoa (in healthfood aisle)
– homemade roast sweet potato chips
– vege sticks and homemade hummous
– roasted chickpeas
– kale chips (recipe soon to come-keep an eye out!)
This is just a start! Of course for breakfast, you could do
– an egg on GF toast with avocado
– smoothie with combination of almond milk/coconut milk + cacao, raw egg, seeds/nuts, kale, organic berries
– omelette + leftover chicken
– homemade granola + coconut yoghurt
– or if you have to, GF weetbix or rice puffs – try to add some fruit, seeds or yoghurt to add in some goodness!
Can you think of other ideas for this list??
Please add them to help others out!