Who doesn’t have time to make these ‘baked beans’? And who wants to give the extra salts, ‘flavours’ and thickeners to your kids, if you don’t need to? These are perfect for little ones who are starting to crave finger foods, perfect for little ones who are starting to practice scooping and just as perfect for any other ‘little one’ or adult who wants a health, nutritious snack or side!
Follow these quick steps while you’re doing the washing up or eating your breakfast and you’ll have snacks for the lunchbox for the next few days 🙂
1. Rinse a tin of cannellini beans and put them in a small saucepan.
2. Pour in about 1/3 of a tin of organic tinned tomatoes.
3. Add a few herbs – eg. rosemary, basil, parsley or a combination such as cumin and oregano for a more ‘mexican’ style.
4. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the beans have softened a bit and the sauce is not too runny, not too dry.
5. Pour into a container to store in the fridge or eat with breakfast (or why not lunch or dinner?!).
For Kara’s delicious variation, see BEANS DON’T MEAN HEINZ! post – https://iraisemykids.wordpress.com/2013/07/03/beans-dont-mean-heinz/
Also, please visit and join us on our Facebook page – I raise my kids. We post plenty more ideas to inspire you there!